The Department of University Police plays an integral role in the university’s emergency preparedness plans.
甘肃快3计划导师Visit the Emergency Preparedness site to view:
- the university’s emergency plan,
- hurricane preparedness guide for on-campus residents,
- the list of communication tools used in the event of an emergency and
- instructions on how to sign up for emergency messaging (text message, e-mail and voice mail).
- Emergency Notification and Security Measures
While university police will continue to be first responders, a Nicholls Review and Response team has been created to review concerns regarding faculty, staff and students who may pose a threat to the safety of the campus and/or to a specific individual or group. Visit the Crisis Intervention Web page for details.
甘肃快3计划导师University Police officers also participate in ongoing training, such as the rapid response drills held on the Nicholls campus in June 2007. Armed with radios and plastic guns, university police and other local law enforcement officers worked as a team to interview witnesses and brief colleagues before storming into Millet and Long halls in pursuit of “suspects.” The drill allow officers to learn and practice the ability to make informed decisions and work with unfamiliar agencies in the midst of gunshots, panicky students and employees, smoky hallways, blaring alarms and squawking police radios.
For any and all situations occurring off campus that may affect operations at Nicholls State University, information is provided through an exchange program via Internet communications through:
甘肃快3计划导师Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
Louisiana-State Analytical and Fusion Exchange
- Reports are exchanged locally via the Internet through local emergency operations centers ?and other agencies of the regional parishes